Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-12-06 We 08:49, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 12/6/23 07:36, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>>> So your preference would be to not allow the non-array-with-commas
>>> case but if/when we implement COPY FROM we would accept that format?
>>> As in Postel'a law ("be conservative in what you do, be liberal in
>>> what you accept from others")?
>>

>> Yes, I think so.
>
> Awesome. The attached does it that way. I also ran pgindent.
>
> I believe this is ready to commit unless there are further comments or
> objections.

Sorry to bikeshed a little more, I'm a bit late looking at this.

I suspect that most users will actually want the table as a single JSON
document, so it should probably be the default. In any case FORCE_ARRAY
as an option has a slightly wrong feel to it. I'm having trouble coming
up with a good name for the reverse of that, off the top of my head.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan