Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO
Дата
Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/6/23 07:36, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 2023-12-05 Tu 16:46, Joe Conway wrote:

>>> That seems quite absurd, TBH. I know we've catered for some absurdity in
>>> the CSV code (much of it down to me), so maybe we need to be liberal in
>>> what we accept here too. IMNSHO, we should produce either a single JSON
>>> document (the ARRAY case) or a series of JSON documents, one per row
>>> (the LINES case).
>>
>> So your preference would be to not allow the non-array-with-commas
>> case but if/when we implement COPY FROM we would accept that format?
>> As in Postel'a law ("be conservative in what you do, be liberal in
>> what you accept from others")?
>

> Yes, I think so.

Awesome. The attached does it that way. I also ran pgindent.

I believe this is ready to commit unless there are further comments or
objections.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Вложения

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences, take 2
Сообщение: Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences, take 2