Re: How to add built-in func?

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: How to add built-in func?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-09-11 12:28, jacktby jacktby wrote:
>> 2023年9月11日 23:51,Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander@timescale.com> 写道:
>> often better) add a corresponding extension to /contrib/. You can find
>> a complete example here [1] for instance, see v4-0001 patch and the
>> function pg_get_relation_publishing_info(). Make sure it has a proper
>> volatility [2]. The patch [3] shows how to add an extension.
>>
>> [1]:
>> https://postgr.es/m/CAAWbhmjcnoV7Xu6LHr_hxqWmVtehv404bvDye%2BQZcUDSg8NSKw%40mail.gmail.com
>> [2]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/xfunc-volatility.html
>> [3]:
>> https://postgr.es/m/CAJ7c6TMSat6qjPrrrK0tRTgZsdXwFAbkDn5gjeDtFnUFrjZX-g%40mail.gmail.com
>> --
> I need to make it used for  a new operator in my pg.

You can implement both a function and an operator (and all that goes
with)
in an extension, without having to hack at all on PostgreSQL itself.
You can then, if it seems generally useful enough, offer that extension
to go in contrib/. If it's agreed to be something everyone should have,
it could then make its way into core.

Do you have it working as an extension yet? That can be a good way
to start, separating the difficulties you have to solve from the ones
you don't have to solve yet.

Regards,
-Chap