Re: PostgreSQL 16 release announcement

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 16 release announcement
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Le 19/08/2023 à 21:39, Jonathan S. Katz a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Attached is the first draft of the PostgreSQL 16 release announcement,
> authored by Chelsea Dole & myself.
>
> To frame this up, the goal of the GA release announcement is to help
> folks discover the awesome new features of PostgreSQL. It's impossible
> to list out every single feature in the release and still have a
> coherent announcement, so we try to target features that have the
> broadest range of impact.
>
> It's possible we missed or incorrectly stated something, so please
> provide feedback if we did so.

In "performance" section:

« It also introduces `RIGHT` and `OUTER` "anti-joins", which enable
users to identify rows not present in a joined table.»

It's a bit confusing for me: is it about the planner improvements or
there is something else ?

---
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
https://Data-Bene.io
PostgreSQL Expertise, Support, Training, R&D