Re: SCSI disk: still the way to go?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: SCSI disk: still the way to go?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/31/06, Chris Browne <cbbrowne@acm.org> wrote:
> mmoncure@gmail.com ("Merlin Moncure") writes:
> > Xyratex
>
> From their web site, they sound like they'll be as challenging to get
> straight answers from as any of the other disk array vendors :-(.

valid concerns.  I don't have an answer yet except to say that it is
price competitive with attached scsi...much (much) cheaper than the
major SAN vendors.  Let's put it this way, we were quoted a price
about half what a major san vendor charges for their 2gbit fc product
with less cache.  Also at 16 drives for 3u space its about as dense
storage as you can get.

They were willing (through their retailer) to set us up with a 30 day
trial on the box.  results to follow.

merlin