Re: Alias hstore's ? to ~ so that it works with JDBC

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Alias hstore's ? to ~ so that it works with JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 6 Feb 2013, Seamus Abshere wrote:

> I personally don't know of any way around the conflict except changing
> JDBC or hstore, and I don't think JDBC is gonna change.

I think changing JDBC is the way to go.  Currently JDBC supports escape
sequences for cross database portability and it seems reasonable to
support an escape sequence that allowed passing ? to the backend instead
of interpreting it as a parameter.  This will be more complicated than you
might hope because the escape processing currently happens prior to bind
parameter detection so I'm not sure what a good patch would really look
like, but given the feedback provided here, it's worth investigating.

Kris Jurka