Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query

От torikoshia
Тема Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
Дата
Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query  (jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 11:42 PM torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com>
wrote:
> I'm not so sure about the implementation now, i.e. finding the next
> node
> to be executed from the planstate tree, but I'm going to try this
> approach.

Attached a patch which takes this approach.

- I saw no way to find the next node to be executed from the planstate
tree, so the patch wraps all the ExecProcNode of the planstate tree at
CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS().
- To prevent overhead of this wrapped function call, unwrap it at the
end of EXPLAIN code execution.
- I first tried to use ExecSetExecProcNode() for wrapping, but it
'changes' ExecProcNodeMtd of nodes, not 'adds' some process to
ExecProcNodeMtd. I'm not sure this is the right approach, but attached
patch adds new member ExecProcNodeOriginal to PlanState to preserve
original ExecProcNodeMtd.

Any comments are welcomed.

--
Regards,