Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions
Дата
Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions  (Jelte Fennema-Nio <me@jeltef.nl>)
Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 09:36:36AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> log_backtrace speaks a bit more to me as a name for this stuff because
> it logs a backtrace.  Now, there is consistency on HEAD as well
> because these GUCs are all prefixed with "backtrace_".  Would
> something like a backtrace_mode where we have an enum rather than a
> boolean be better?  One thing would be to redesign the existing GUC as
> having two values on HEAD as of:
> - "none", to log nothing.
> - "internal", to log backtraces for internal errors.
>
> Then this could be extended with more modes, to discuss in future
> releases as new features.

As this is an open item, let's move on here.

Attached is a proposal of patch for this open item, switching
backtrace_on_internal_error to backtrace_mode with two values:
- "none", to log no backtraces.
- "internal", to log backtraces for internal errors.

The rest of the proposals had better happen as a v18 discussion, where
extending this GUC is a benefit.
--
Michael

Вложения