Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 3:02 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> As this is an open item, let's move on here.
>
> Attached is a proposal of patch for this open item, switching
> backtrace_on_internal_error to backtrace_mode with two values:
> - "none", to log no backtraces.
> - "internal", to log backtraces for internal errors.
>
> The rest of the proposals had better happen as a v18 discussion, where
> extending this GUC is a benefit.

-1. That's just weird. There's no reason to replace a Boolean with a
non-Boolean without adding a third value. Either we decide this
concern is important enough to justify a post-feature-freeze design
change, and add the third value now, or we leave it alone and revisit
it in a future release. I'm probably OK with either one, but being
halfway in between has no appeal for me.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com