Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От Bertrand Drouvot
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 05:55:05PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 3:42 PM Bertrand Drouvot
> Please see the attached v28 patch.

Thanks!

1 === sorry I missed it in the previous review

        if (!(RecoveryInProgress() && slot->data.synced))
+       {
                now = GetCurrentTimestamp();
+               update_inactive_since = true;
+       }
+       else
+               update_inactive_since = false;

I think update_inactive_since is not needed, we could rely on (now > 0) instead.

2 ===

+=item $node->get_slot_inactive_since_value(self, primary, slot_name, dbname)
+
+Get inactive_since column value for a given replication slot validating it
+against optional reference time.
+
+=cut
+
+sub get_slot_inactive_since_value
+{

shouldn't be "=item $node->get_slot_inactive_since_value(self, slot_name, reference_time)"
instead?

Apart from the above, LGTM.

Regards,

--