Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation  (shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com>)
Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation  (Bertrand Drouvot <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com>)
Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 6:54 PM Bertrand Drouvot
<bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 05:55:05PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 3:42 PM Bertrand Drouvot
> > Please see the attached v28 patch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> 1 === sorry I missed it in the previous review
>
>         if (!(RecoveryInProgress() && slot->data.synced))
> +       {
>                 now = GetCurrentTimestamp();
> +               update_inactive_since = true;
> +       }
> +       else
> +               update_inactive_since = false;
>
> I think update_inactive_since is not needed, we could rely on (now > 0) instead.

Thought of using it, but, at the expense of readability. I prefer to
use a variable instead. However, I changed the variable to be more
meaningful to is_slot_being_synced.

> 2 ===
>
> +=item $node->get_slot_inactive_since_value(self, primary, slot_name, dbname)
> +
> +Get inactive_since column value for a given replication slot validating it
> +against optional reference time.
> +
> +=cut
> +
> +sub get_slot_inactive_since_value
> +{
>
> shouldn't be "=item $node->get_slot_inactive_since_value(self, slot_name, reference_time)"
> instead?

Ugh. Changed.

> Apart from the above, LGTM.

Thanks. I'm attaching v29 patches. 0001 managing inactive_since on the
standby for sync slots. 0002 implementing inactive timeout GUC based
invalidation mechanism.

Please have a look.

--
Bharath Rupireddy