Re: Fix race condition in InvalidatePossiblyObsoleteSlot()

От Bertrand Drouvot
Тема Re: Fix race condition in InvalidatePossiblyObsoleteSlot()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 02:33:44PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 08:51:17AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > Prefixing these with "initial_" is fine, IMO.  That shows the
> > intention that these come from the slot's data before doing the
> > termination.  So I'm OK with what's been proposed in v3.
>
> I was looking at that a second time, and just concluded that this is
> OK, so I've applied that down to 16, wordsmithing a bit the comments.

Thanks!
FWIW, I've started to write a POC regarding the test we mentioned up-thread.

The POC test is based on what has been submitted by Michael in [1]. The POC test
seems to work fine and it seems that nothing more is needed in [1] (at some point
I thought I would need the ability to wake up multiple "wait" injection points
in sequence but that was not necessary).

I'll polish and propose my POC test once [1] is pushed (unless you're curious
about it before).

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/ZdLuxBk5hGpol91B%40paquier.xyz

Regards,

--