От Bertrand Drouvot
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 02:57:30AM +0000, Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu) wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 24, 2024 6:31 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 5:13 PM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks Ajin for testing the patch. PFA v66 which fixes this issue.
> > >

> > I think we should try to commit the patch as all of the design concerns are
> > resolved now. To achieve that, can we split the failover setting patch into the
> > following: (a) setting failover property via SQL commands and display it in
> > pg_replication_slots (b) replication protocol command (c) failover property via
> > subscription commands?
> >
> > It will make each patch smaller and it would be easier to detect any problem in
> > the same after commit.
>
> Agreed. I split the original 0001 patch into 3 patches as suggested.
> Here is the V68 patch set.

Thanks!

Some comments.

Looking at 0002:

1 ===

+      <para>The following options are supported:</para>

What about "The following option is supported"? (as currently only the "FAILOVER"
is)

2 ===

What about adding some TAP tests too? (I can see that ALTER_REPLICATION_SLOT test
is added in v68-0004 but I think having some in 0002 would make sense too).

Looking at 0003:

1 ===

+      parameter specified in the subscription. When creating the slot,
+      ensure the slot <literal>failover</literal> property matches the
+      parameter value of the subscription.

What about explaining what would be the consequence of not doing so?

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team