Re: Test 002_pg_upgrade fails with olddump on Windows

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Test 002_pg_upgrade fails with olddump on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 05, 2023 at 12:00:00PM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> So removing the condition "if ($oldnode->pg_version != $newnode->pg_version)"
> works here as well, but maybe switching the file mode (to preserve EOLs
> produced by pg_dump) in the block "After dumping, update references ..."
> is more efficient than filtering dumps (on all OSes?).

Well, there's the argument that we replace the library references in
a SQL file that we are handling as a text file, so switching it to use
the binary mode is not right.  A second argument is to apply the same
filtering logic across both the old and new dumps, even if we know
that the second dump file taken by pg_dump with not append CRLFs.

At the end, just applying the filtering all the time makes the most
sense to me, so I've applied a patch doing just that.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Bug in nbtree optimization to skip > operator comparisons (or < comparisons in backwards scans)
Сообщение: Re: Bug in nbtree optimization to skip > operator comparisons (or < comparisons in backwards scans)