Re: Test 002_pg_upgrade fails with olddump on Windows

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: Test 002_pg_upgrade fails with olddump on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Michael,

05.12.2023 10:56, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Or you have used the test suite with an old installation that has the
> same major version as the new installation, meaning that the filtering
> was not happening, still you have detected some diffs?  It sounds to
> me that we should just apply the filters to the dumps all the time if
> you have used matching versions.  The filtering would remove only the
> comments, some extra newlines and replace the CRLFs in this case.

Yes, my case is with the same version, literally:
build>echo create database regression>c:\temp\dump.sql
build>set olddump=c:\temp\dump.sql& set oldinstall=%CD%/tmp_install/usr/local/pgsql& meson test
pg_upgrade/002_pg_upgrade

So removing the condition "if ($oldnode->pg_version != $newnode->pg_version)"
works here as well, but maybe switching the file mode (to preserve EOLs
produced by pg_dump) in the block "After dumping, update references ..."
is more efficient than filtering dumps (on all OSes?).

Best regards,
Alexander