Re: pgmodeler for Ubuntu 22.04

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: pgmodeler for Ubuntu 22.04
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Bradford Boyle
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 6:50 AM Dale Deibert <dale.j.deibert@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I understand that there is a dependency, but I am clearly missing some context.  What is it that prevents adding
qt6-svg-devas a dependency for pgmodeler?

> qt6-svg-dev is a dependency of pgmodeler but qt6-svg-dev is not
> available in jammy's repos. Running 'apt install qt6-svg-dev' results in
> the error 'E: Unable to locate package qt6-svg-dev'. Looking at the
> files provided by qt6-svg-dev, I suspect that the package
> 'libqt6svg6-dev' (which is in jammy) was renamed to 'qt6-svg-dev'.

Thanks for tracking that down, I didn't look closer in Jammy. The
package names on unstable were different enough from qt5...

> It
> might be possible to build a newer version of pgmodeler for jammy using
> this dependency but I believe that all packages in pgdg are (re-)built
> from the same Debian source package. We would need to replace
> 'qt6-svg-dev' with 'libqt6svg6-dev' when building for jammy. Looking at
> the generate-pgdg-source script [1], it _might_ be possible to add that
> as a tweak. I can try and work on a patch for this in the next couple of
> days.

Actually "qt6-svg-dev | libqt6svg6-dev" is easier, the
generate-pgdg-source script is only needed for weirder changes.

Pushed, build is running.

Thanks,
Christoph