Re: mprove tab completion for ALTER EXTENSION ADD/DROP

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: mprove tab completion for ALTER EXTENSION ADD/DROP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 12:10:33PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> It suggests the *kinds* of objects that are part of the extension, but
> lists the objects of that kind regardless of dependency.  I read
> Michael suggested (and I agree) to restrict the objects (not kinds) to
> actually be a part of the extension. (And not for object kinds.)

Yeah, that's what I meant.  Now, if Vignesh does not want to extend
that, that's fine for me as well at the end on second thought, as this
involves much more code for each DROP path depending on the object
type involved.

Adding the object names after DROP/ADD is useful on its own, and we
already have some completion once the object type is specified, so
simpler is perhaps just better here.
--
Michael

Вложения