Re: Where does meta-data come from?

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Where does meta-data come from?
Дата
Re: Where does meta-data come from?
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Tom Arthurs wrote:

> I'm trying to get that information from the developer (he's in Toronto, and
> I'm in San Francisco) but he's using some package to accomplish to extract
> the data, so does not have the queries to hand.  It may take a while to get
> that information -- what I was hoping for was some information on which
> system catalogs jdbc queries -- if you could even point me to the part of the
> source that emits these queries we could take it from there, I think.  In the
> meantime I'll go download the source for the driver and see if I can winkle
> out the queries on my own.

Well, you haven't said what metadata your getting, so it's tough to say
which system catalogs will be involved.  There are two main interfaces for
retrieving metadata.  That from query results, ResultSetMetaData and that
from just inspecting tables and views, DatabaseMetaData.  These are mostly
implemented in org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSetMetaData and
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData respectively.

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: Where does meta-data come from?
Сообщение: Re: Where does meta-data come from?