Re: Where does meta-data come from?

От Tom Arthurs
Тема Re: Where does meta-data come from?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
oops -- resent to reply to all, sorry about that.

ah.

It's from inspecting tables, views, etc.  He is extracting this to build
some objects that he's rolling into classes for persistent objects
that's he's rolling into classes.  He rebuilds this ever time we make db
changes.

Thanks for the information below, we can probably get the queries from
there and see if we can spot exactly what is changing and why.  In late
breaking news, the one table that I know for sure is exhibiting this
behavior has not changed between yesterday and today, so we are all back
to scratching our heads.

Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Tom Arthurs wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get that information from the developer (he's in
>> Toronto, and I'm in San Francisco) but he's using some package to
>> accomplish to extract the data, so does not have the queries to
>> hand.  It may take a while to get that information -- what I was
>> hoping for was some information on which system catalogs jdbc queries
>> -- if you could even point me to the part of the source that emits
>> these queries we could take it from there, I think.  In the meantime
>> I'll go download the source for the driver and see if I can winkle
>> out the queries on my own.
>>

> Well, you haven't said what metadata your getting, so it's tough to
> say which system catalogs will be involved.  There are two main
> interfaces for retrieving metadata.  That from query results,
> ResultSetMetaData and that from just inspecting tables and views,
> DatabaseMetaData.  These are mostly
> implemented in org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSetMetaData and
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData respectively.
>
> Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: Where does meta-data come from?
Сообщение: Re: Where does meta-data come from?