Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Don Baccus wrote:

> At 10:48 AM 8/21/00 -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
>
> >Could it be possible that folks are shying away because of having
> >to install and learn an entire webserver and tools and then the
> >bug tracker on top of that?
>
> Learning to use AOLserver is going to be harder than writing a
> bugtracker and associated tools from scratch?  I find that hard to
> believe.

Learning how to use it is only a tiny part of it.  You still have to
migrate your website to it.   It's not a drop in replacement.  So
writing a bugtracker that will fit the environment vs learning a new
webserver & migrating your website & rebuilding or rewriting custom
apps ...   For the average, busy admin, don't count too heavily on
the latter.   They're more likely to stick with what they know and
trust regardless of how good something else is reported to be.

> If it's true, of course they could run Apache, since arsDigita
> provides a module which implements the AOLserver API in Apache
> for exactly this reason, thus making it possible to run the
> toolkit (including the SDM) under Apache.

First I heard of this, but I'd also have concerns of it's reliability.
It has to be real new.   And if it fails it's not ars that looks bad,
it's the site that's running it.  Remember the flack over udmsearch?
PostgreSQL was slammed over and over because udmsearch wasn't working
right.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)