Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Don Baccus wrote:

> At 10:22 PM 8/20/00 -0400, Ned Lilly wrote:
> >If you all don't mind, I think it'd be great to keep this discussion on the
> >list.  As some of you know, Great Bridge is working on its own project
> >hosting site (including a PG-backed bug tracking module).  We're not quite
> >ready to pull back the curtain yet, but are getting close, and will be
> >actively soliciting input (and hacks) from the community.
>
> So - again - why roll your own instead of build upon a base which at least
> is already seeing some use, by some fairly large organizations (arsDigita
> is larger and more deeply funded than Great Bridge, making profits to boot,
> and I won't even start talking about AOL)?  arsDigita is putting some
> developer
> effort into the SDM, so it's no longer just Ben and whoever he can rope into
> helping out.
>
> Couldn't you guys more profitably spend time, say, working on outer joins
> rather than doing something like this?
>
> The folks working on the SDM have a LOT more web/db development experience
> than whoever's rolling your bug tracking system.
>
> I keep sniffing the odor of NIH ...

Could it be possible that folks are shying away because of having
to install and learn an entire webserver and tools and then the
bug tracker on top of that?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)
Сообщение: Re: Bug tracking (was Re: +/- Inf for float8's)