Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Anyone working on linux Alpha?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Anyone working on linux Alpha?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
> > Done.  Removed -O2 for linux_alpha and made it -O.  I can not make the
> > other changes because that is generated by GNU autoconf.
>
> config.sub and config.guess are not auto-generated.
>
> What we have already done a couple of times is to apply suggested
> fixes to our current copies of these files, but to ask the submitter
> to send the bug report to the GNU folks as well (autoconf@gnu.org
> and bug-gnu-utils@prep.ai.mit.edu) so that it gets into future GNU
> releases.  We do not want to maintain a divergent version of these
> files.
>
> I think someone remarked a few days ago that they had access to a
> more up-to-date version of the config scripts than was present in
> the last Autoconf release (2.13).  Maybe we should try to grab the
> latest GNU sources of these files?

Considering that we are pretty much requiring the use of 2.13, this does
make sense...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem