Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607

От Haifang Wang (Centific Technologies Inc)
Тема Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

I’m sorry to bother you if you are not the right person. In that case, could you please help to point me in the right direction for the right contact? Thanks a lot!

Hi Team,

I’m a program manager in the Windows App Assure ISV Outreach Team at Microsoft. We work with Microsoft’s test organization to notify developers when issues have been identified in their applications. We’re reaching out to notify you of a potential issue in one of your applications.

The issue details are below, please review it when you have a moment. Our goal is to work with you to address this issue and to understand what your expected timeline to address this issue might be. If you have any questions about the details below or have already addressed this issue in a forthcoming update, please let me know.

Account

PostgreSQL Global Development Group

Product

PostgreSQL

Reference #

48475607

Issue

Postgres.exe crash observed while installing the application.

Environment: Desktop
OS: Windows 11
App Version: 16.1

Repro Steps:

  1. Deploy windows server 2019 Turkey Build.
  2. Patch the machine till WU and enable roles & feature in server manager.
  3. Restart the machine to configure updates & observe winver 17763.5329
  4. Login as Administrator.
  5. Download and install the application: https://www.postgresql.org/download/
  6. Click on Setup and in setup launched click on next.
  7. Click next on installation directory window.
  8. In Select components window make sure all are selected .and click on next .
  9. In data directory window click on next.
  10. In Password window provide the password and click on next.
  11. In port window click on next .
  12. Click on next default in advanced settings ,summary & ready to install window.
  13. While the application is installing ,
  14. Observe..

Observations:

Postgres.exe crash is observed while installing the application.

Expected Results:

Should not observe any crash while installing the application

Resource

For any questions on app development (or) submission on windows, contact Windows Dev Center. https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/support

Thanks!

Haifang

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17257: (auto)vacuum hangs within lazy_scan_prune()
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17257: (auto)vacuum hangs within lazy_scan_prune()