Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607
Дата
RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, May 3, 2024 at 7:05 AM Haifang Wang (Centific Technologies
Inc) <v-haiwang@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Deploy windows server 2019 Turkey Build.
> Postgres.exe crash is observed while installing the application.

Hi,

"Crash" with no details is not a very useful report, but I guess that
this is the Turkey -> Türkiye issue caused by a recent operating
system upgrade, which is apparently now hitting the server edition of
Windows based on the new inflow of bug reports.  I think we know
approximately how to fix it, and there are several possible
workarounds for a system that is already in this state, but interested
parties who know and care about the relevant OS need to get involved
to make progress.  It's too late for Turkish but ideally we'll be able
to stop this from happening the next time a country changes its name.
I have written everything I know about the issue here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/18196-b10f93dfbde3d7db%40postgresql.org

Not being a Windows user, I have not been able to take that proposed
fix all the way to the finish line, so all I can do is post what I
know and hope that open source will happen.