Re: Transaction timeout

От Japin Li
Тема Re: Transaction timeout
Дата
Re: Transaction timeout  (Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 23 Dec 2023 at 08:32, Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2023 at 23:30, Junwang Zhao <zhjwpku@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I mean, is it possible to set transaction_timeout before next comand?
>>>
>> Yeah, it's possible, set transaction_timeout in the when it first
>> goes into *idle in transaction* mode, see the attached files.
>>

> Thanks for updating the patch, LGTM.

Sorry for the noise!

Read the previous threads, I find why the author enable transaction_timeout
in start_xact_command().

The v15 patch cannot handle COMMIT AND CHAIN, see [1]. For example:

SET transaction_timeout TO '2s'; BEGIN; SELECT 1, pg_sleep(1); COMMIT AND CHAIN; SELECT 2, pg_sleep(1); COMMIT;

The transaction_timeout do not reset when executing COMMIT AND CHAIN.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/a906dea1-76a1-4f26-76c5-a7efad3ef5b8%40oss.nttdata.com

--
Regrads,
Japin Li