Re: Improve readability by using designated initializers when possible

От Japin Li
Тема Re: Improve readability by using designated initializers when possible
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 at 22:03, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 at 14:50, Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Attach a patch to rewrite dispatch_table array using C99-designated
>> initializer syntax.
>
> Looks good. Two small things:

Thanks for the review.

> +       [EEOP_LAST] = &&CASE_EEOP_LAST,
>
> Is EEOP_LAST actually needed in this array? It seems unused afaict. If
> indeed not needed, that would be good to remove in an additional
> commit.

There is a warning if remove it, so I keep it.

/home/japin/Codes/postgres/build/../src/backend/executor/execExprInterp.c:118:33: warning: label ‘CASE_EEOP_LAST’
definedbut not used [-Wunused-label]
  118 | #define EEO_CASE(name)          CASE_##name:
      |                                 ^~~~~
/home/japin/Codes/postgres/build/../src/backend/executor/execExprInterp.c:1845:17: note: in expansion of macro
‘EEO_CASE’
 1845 |                 EEO_CASE(EEOP_LAST)
      |                 ^~~~~~~~

> - *
> - * The order of entries needs to be kept in sync with the dispatch_table[]
> - * array in execExprInterp.c:ExecInterpExpr().
>
> I think it would be good to at least keep the comment saying that this
> array should be updated (only the order doesn't need to be strictly
> kept in sync anymore).

Fixed.

Вложения

От: Давыдов Виталий
Сообщение: Re: Slow catchup of 2PC (twophase) transactions on replica in LR
От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: Dump-restore loosing 'attnotnull' bit for DEFERRABLE PRIMARY KEY column(s).