Re: [GENERAL] autovacuum "connections" are hidden

От Casey Duncan
Тема Re: [GENERAL] autovacuum "connections" are hidden
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On May 22, 2006, at 2:37 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>> Moving to -hackers
>
> You forgot to actually do it apparently?
>
> Sorry about posting the patch to -general, BTW.  Anyway it was
> committed
> to the 8.1 branch, so it is included in the new release (8.1.4?)
>
>> Does this still obey stats_command_string?
>
> Yes.
>
> I considered having the ps display show the info, but it's not as
> useful
> because you can only get the info if you have access to the process
> list
> (i.e. not a remote client).

It would be useful for dba's watching the box directly, via ps or top
(which I find myself doing fairly often). This has always been a
great feature of postgres IMO. I'd put in a vote for having that for
that for the autovac backend as well FWIW.

In any event thanks a lot for the current fix, as is it's a big
improvement! 8^)

-Casey