Re: [GENERAL] autovacuum "connections" are hidden

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: [GENERAL] autovacuum "connections" are hidden
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 02:45:30PM -0700, Casey Duncan wrote:

> On May 22, 2006, at 2:37 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> >Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> >>Moving to -hackers
> >
> >You forgot to actually do it apparently?

Yup, I are SMRT.

> >Sorry about posting the patch to -general, BTW.  Anyway it was
> >committed
> >to the 8.1 branch, so it is included in the new release (8.1.4?)
> >
> >>Does this still obey stats_command_string?
> >
> >Yes.
> >
> >I considered having the ps display show the info, but it's not as
> >useful
> >because you can only get the info if you have access to the process
> >list
> >(i.e. not a remote client).

Well, there's now been 2 calls for seperate options for the autovacuum
process; this one and the ability to give it a different log level.
Perhaps what would be best is having autovac read a second set of config
options that would over-ride settings in the main postgresql.conf. This
could be a seperate GUC, or perhaps a seperate config file (which would
allow for removing all the autovac controls from postgresql.conf).

> In any event thanks a lot for the current fix, as is it's a big
> improvement! 8^)

Ditto.