pgsql: Teach pg_ls_dir_files() to ignore ENOENT failures from stat().

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Teach pg_ls_dir_files() to ignore ENOENT failures from stat().
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Teach pg_ls_dir_files() to ignore ENOENT failures from stat().

Buildfarm experience shows that this function can fail with ENOENT
if some other process unlinks a file between when we read the directory
entry and when we try to stat() it.  The problem is old but we had
not noticed it until 085b6b667 added regression test coverage.

To fix, just ignore ENOENT failures.  There is one other case that
this might hide: a symlink that points to nowhere.  That seems okay
though, at least better than erroring.

Back-patch to v10 where this function was added, since the regression
test cases were too.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20200308173103.GC1357@telsasoft.com

Branch
------
REL_12_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/ee40e8975e2cd2811d14a35ce9179bd46e1f59f2

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/genfile.c | 5 +++++
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)