Re: AIX support

От Sriram RK
Тема Re: AIX support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> What you do need to do to reproduce the described problems is
> check out the Postgres git tree and rewind to just before
> commit 0b16bb877, where we deleted AIX support.  Any attempt
> to restore AIX support would have to start with reverting that
> commit (and perhaps the followup f0827b443).

>                         regards, tom lane

Hi Team, thank you for all the info.

We progressed to build the source on our nodes and the build was successful with the below configuration.

Postgres              - github-bcdfa5f2e2f

AIX                         - 71c

Xlc                         - 13.1.0

Bison                    - 3.0.5

Going ahead, we want to build the changes that were removed as part of “0b16bb8776bb8”, with latest Xlc and gcc version.

We were building the source from the postgres ftp server(https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/), would like to understand if there are any source level changes between the ftp server and the source on github?

Regards,

Sriram.