Re: Transaction timeout

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Transaction timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, Andrey!

On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 7:23 PM Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> > On 19 Feb 2024, at 15:17, Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > +1
>
> PFA patch set of 4 patches:
> 1. remove all potential flaky tests. BTW recently we had a bingo when 3 of them failed together [0]
> 2-3. waiting injection points patchset by Michael Paquier, intact v2 from nearby thread.
> 4. prototype of simple TAP tests for timeouts.
>
> I did not add a test for statement_timeout, because it still have good coverage in isolation tests. But added test
foridle_sessoin_timeout.
> Maybe these tests could be implemented with NOTICE injection points (not requiring steps 2-3), but I'm afraid that
theymight be flaky too: FATALed connection might not send information necesary for test success (we will see something
like"PQconsumeInput failed: server closed the connection unexpectedly" as in [1]).

Thank you for the patches.  I've pushed the 0001 patch to avoid
further failures on buildfarm.  Let 0004 wait till injections points
by Mechael are committed.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: Patch: Add parse_type Function
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Logging parallel worker draught