Re: Would my postgresql 8.4.12 profit from doubling RAM?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Would my postgresql 8.4.12 profit from doubling RAM?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> users, and currently work_mem is set to 1M (the default.)  If you
> increase that to 16M, that'd be max 1.6G of memory, which you have
> free anyway right now.

Self correction here.  Of course that's assuming 1 sort on average per
query.  My experience is that you generally use less than that. Except
when you don't.  :) If your typical query has 6 or 12 sorts in it,
your memory can run out fast.  But judging by your current free RAM,
I'm guessing it doesn't do that.  Only thorough testing can tell you
the sweet spot tho.