Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?

От John Naylor
Тема Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 3:23 AM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2023-12-19 at 16:23 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> > That wasn't the next place I thought to look (that would be the
> > strcmp
> > call), but something like this could be worthwhile.
>
> The reason I looked here is that the inner while statement (to find the
> chunk size) looked out of place and possibly slow, and there's a
> bitwise trick we can use instead.

There are other bit tricks we can use. In v11-0005 Just for fun, I
translated a couple more into C from

https://github.com/openbsd/src/blob/master/lib/libc/arch/amd64/string/strlen.S

Вложения

От: Peter Smith
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Add new for_each macros for iterating over a List that do not require ListCell pointer