Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2023-12-19 at 16:23 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> That wasn't the next place I thought to look (that would be the
> strcmp
> call), but something like this could be worthwhile.

The reason I looked here is that the inner while statement (to find the
chunk size) looked out of place and possibly slow, and there's a
bitwise trick we can use instead.

My original test case is a bit too "macro" of a benchmark at this
point, so I'm not sure it's a good guide for these individual micro-
optimizations.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis