Re: Build the docs if there are changes in docs and don't run other tasks if the changes are only in docs

От Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Тема Re: Build the docs if there are changes in docs and don't run other tasks if the changes are only in docs
Дата
Re: Build the docs if there are changes in docs and don't run other tasks if the changes are only in docs  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Fri, 6 Oct 2023 at 17:07, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> As a quick cross-check, I searched our commit log to see how many
> README-only commits there were so far this year.  I found 11 since
> January.  (Several were triggered by the latest round of pgindent
> code and process changes, so maybe this is more than typical.)
>
> Not sure what that tells us about the value of changing the CI
> logic, but it does seem like it could be worth the one-liner
> change needed to teach buildfarm animals to ignore READMEs.

I agree that it could be worth implementing this logic on buildfarm animals.

In case we want to implement the same logic on the CI, I added a new
version of the patch; it skips CI completely if the changes are only
in the README files.

--
Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz