Another user complaint regarding visibility of pg_catalog data

От David G. Johnston
Тема Another user complaint regarding visibility of pg_catalog data
Дата
Re: Another user complaint regarding visibility of pg_catalog data  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-docs
Hey,

This comes up every so often (including today on Discord) and I keep having trouble figuring out where to point people for our official assertion and explanation for why anyone with a login can view routine bodies, view specifications, and comments.

Apparently I griped about this a while ago and it fell on deaf ears:

Is this something we just don't want to go into detail within our documentation, or just no one has cared enough to write something up (beyond my first draft back then) and form it into a patch?

David J.