Re: A typo?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: A typo?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 7:24 AM jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 6:30 PM PG Doc comments form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/plpgsql-declarations.html
>
> Under 43.3.1, "Notice that we omitted RETURNS real — we could have included
> it, but it would be redundant."
> Should that be "RETURNS tax" instead of "RETURNS real"?

I think it's related to the plpgsql "RETURNS" and "RETURN" confusion.
RETURN  can appear between "begin", "end".
RETURNS need to specify before "AS".

Right, the OP needs to have consulted the CREATE FUNCTION reference page to find the definition of the RETURNS clause since it is language agnostic.

David J.