Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)

От shveta malik
Тема Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 5:49 PM Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)
<osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Attached the patch v20 that has incorporated all comments so far.
> Kindly have a look at the attached patch.
>

> Best Regards,
>         Takamichi Osumi

Thank You for patch. My previous comments are addressed. Tested it and
it looks good. Logging is also fine now.

Just one comment, in summary, we see :
If the subscription sets min_apply_delay parameter, the logical
replication worker will delay the transaction commit for
min_apply_delay milliseconds.

Is it better to write "delay the transaction apply" instead of "delay
the transaction commit" just to be consistent as we do not actually
delay the commit for regular transactions.

thanks
Shveta