Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От shveta malik
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 10:33 AM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 3:06 PM Bharath Rupireddy
> <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've attached the v18 patch set here.

I have a question. Don't we allow creating subscriptions on an
existing slot with a non-null 'inactive_timeout' set where
'inactive_timeout' of the slot is retained even after subscription
creation?

I tried this:

host=localhost user=shveta port=5433' publication mypubnew1_1 WITH
(failover = true, create_slot=false, slot_name='logical_slot1');

--Before creating sub, pg_replication_slots output:
   slot_name   | failover | synced | active | temp | conf |
   lat                | inactive_timeout
 logical_slot1 | t        | f      | f      | f    | f    | 2024-03-25
11:11:55.375736+05:30 |              120

--After creating sub pg_replication_slots output:  (inactive_timeout is 0 now):