Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От shveta malik
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 3:06 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> I've attached the v18 patch set here.

Thanks for the patches. Please find few comments:

patch 001:
--------

1)
slot.h:

+ /* The time at which this slot become inactive */
+ TimestampTz last_inactive_time;

become -->became

---------
patch 002:

2)
slotsync.c:

  ReplicationSlotCreate(remote_slot->name, true, RS_TEMPORARY,
    remote_slot->two_phase,
    remote_slot->failover,
-   true);
+   true, 0);

+ slot->data.inactive_timeout = remote_slot->inactive_timeout;

Is there a reason we are not passing 'remote_slot->inactive_timeout'
to ReplicationSlotCreate() directly?

---------

3)
slotfuncs.c
pg_create_logical_replication_slot():
+ int inactive_timeout = PG_GETARG_INT32(5);

Can we mention here that timeout is in seconds either in comment or
rename variable to inactive_timeout_secs?

Please do this for create_physical_replication_slot(),
create_logical_replication_slot(),
pg_create_physical_replication_slot() as well.

---------
4)
+ int inactive_timeout; /* The amount of time in seconds the slot
+ * is allowed to be inactive. */
 } LogicalSlotInfo;

 Do we need to mention "before getting invalided" like other places
(in last patch)?

----------

 5)
Same at these two places. "before getting invalided" to be added in
the last patch otherwise the info is incompleted.

+
+ /* The amount of time in seconds the slot is allowed to be inactive */
+ int inactive_timeout;
 } ReplicationSlotPersistentData;

+ * inactive_timeout: The amount of time in seconds the slot is allowed to be
+ *     inactive.
  */
 void
 ReplicationSlotCreate(const char *name, bool db_specific,
 Same here. "before getting invalidated" ?

--------

Reviewing more..

thanks
Shveta