Re: pgmodeler for Ubuntu 22.04

От Dale Deibert
Тема Re: pgmodeler for Ubuntu 22.04
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hey Bradford,

Thanks for the explanation.  It would be awesome if you could get the package built.  All of your effort is greatly appreciated.

Dale

On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 11:30 AM Bradford Boyle <bradford.d.boyle@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 6:50 AM Dale Deibert <dale.j.deibert@gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that there is a dependency, but I am clearly missing some context.  What is it that prevents adding qt6-svg-dev as a dependency for pgmodeler?
qt6-svg-dev is a dependency of pgmodeler but qt6-svg-dev is not
available in jammy's repos. Running 'apt install qt6-svg-dev' results in
the error 'E: Unable to locate package qt6-svg-dev'. Looking at the
files provided by qt6-svg-dev, I suspect that the package
'libqt6svg6-dev' (which is in jammy) was renamed to 'qt6-svg-dev'. It
might be possible to build a newer version of pgmodeler for jammy using
this dependency but I believe that all packages in pgdg are (re-)built
from the same Debian source package. We would need to replace
'qt6-svg-dev' with 'libqt6svg6-dev' when building for jammy. Looking at
the generate-pgdg-source script [1], it _might_ be possible to add that
as a tweak. I can try and work on a patch for this in the next couple of
days.

--Bradford

[1]: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgapt.git;a=blob;f=jenkins/generate-pgdg-source;h=75b2def605311daa3ed60e09d8cf981b3c6cdfcb;hb=HEAD

От: Bradford Boyle
Сообщение: Re: pgmodeler for Ubuntu 22.04
От: Christoph Berg
Сообщение: Re: pgmodeler for Ubuntu 22.04