Re: No PGDG package for ARM architecture

От Amit Khandekar
Тема Re: No PGDG package for ARM architecture
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 at 10:08, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 14:35, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > Re: Amit Khandekar 2020-03-13 <CAJ3gD9ezKiUgcZDjbUa4svn3A+M_r6QvgOVmarA2aoDR9i+iLA@mail.gmail.com>
> > > The page https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ says :
> > > "The PGDG packages are built from the same source as the Debian packages
> > > (Ubuntu is using the same source for the PostgreSQL server packages as
> > > well). We try to follow Debian unstable's versions as close as possible"
> > >
> > > From the above, I expected that because Ubuntu provides a PostgreSQL
> > > installable, PostgreSQL also should provide the same through
> > > apt.postgresql.org ? Am I missing something ?
> >
> > "Same source" doesn't imply that the same set of architectures is
> > covered.
>
> Hmm, right. The thing I was actually wondering was, *why* the same
> architectures are not covered by PGDG.
>
> > We are also missing more than a dozen others that Debian is
> > covering:
> >
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=postgresql-12
> >
> > > I believe due to the absence of these packages in PostgreSQL repositories,
> > > there is no mention of aarch(64) in the PostgreSQl downloads website :
> > > https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
> >
> > Are you able to provide a build host for arm64? Specs would be
> > something like >= 8 cores, 8 GB of RAM, 100 GB disk, root access.
>
> As of now, I am not sure, but if required I will at least try to see
> if that can be arranged.
>
> So, when we see that there are N number of OS/architecture
> combinations for which PGDG does not provide packages, is it so
> because we don't have dedicated machines satisfying the minumum
> requirements like RAM/core/disk ? In other words, is it only a matter
> of providing such machine and adding it up in the buildfarm members
> where it passes the regression tests, or there are are some more
> requirements over and above the machine resource requirements after
> which PGDG can officially support those OS/architecture combinations ?

I see that there is already an aarch64 buildfarm member which is
passing the tests regularly :
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=eelpout&br=HEAD

Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar
Huawei Technologies

От: Amit Khandekar
Сообщение: Re: No PGDG package for ARM architecture
Сообщение: Re: No PGDG package for ARM architecture