Re: psql: add \create_function command

От Steve Chavez
Тема Re: psql: add \create_function command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Maybe we could go with :{+...} or the like?
> or maybe :{{ ... }}

Tab completion didn't work for :{?<var>} and I noted that the same problem would arise for :{+ or :{{ (and tab completion would be more important here). So I fixed that on:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAGRrpzZU48F2oV3d8eDLr=4TU9xFH5Jt9ED+qU1+X91gMH68Sw@mail.gmail.com

Would be great to have the above fix reviewed/committed to keep making progress here.

Besides that, since :{ is already sort of a prefix for psql functions, how about having `:{file(<filename>)}`? That would be clearer than :{+ or :{{.

Best regards,
Steve Chavez

On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 at 12:29, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

po 29. 1. 2024 v 18:11 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
Steve Chavez <steve@supabase.io> writes:
> However, :{?variable_name} is already taken by psql to test whether a
> variable is defined or not. It might be confusing to use the same syntax.

Hmm.  Maybe we could go with :{+...} or the like?

> How about using the convention of interpreting an identifier as a file path
> if it has an slash on it?

Sorry, that is just horrid.  foo/bar means division, and "foo/bar"
is simply an identifier per SQL standard, so you can't squeeze that
in without breaking an ocean of stuff.  Plus, there are many use-cases
where there's no reason to put a slash in a relative filename.

sometimes paths starts by $ or .

or maybe :{{ ... }}