Re: raw output from copy

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: raw output from copy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 30 March 2016 at 00:19, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I tested COPY RAW on old psql clients - and it is working without any
> problem - so when the client uses same logic as psql, then it should to
> work. Sure, there can be differently implemented clients, but the COPY
> client side is usually simple - store stream to output.

My point is precisely that I doubt all clients are that stupid about COPY.

PgJDBC definitely isn't.

Any changes really need to be tested against PgJDBC's CopyManager.

this patch doesn't break any old application. Accepting new feature depends on binary method detection. PQbinaryTuples based clients should to support COPY RAW* without problems, PQfformat() should to report unknown format.

Regards

Pavel