Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 4:07 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 12:14:05PM +0530, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> > Since you wroten "(still need to improve ...) I thought you are
> > working on v6. No problem. Sorry for the confusion.
>
> I see why my previous message could be confusing.  Sorry about that.

I haven't specifically done a review or testing of this patch, but I
have used this for testing the CLOG group update code with my
SLRU-specific changes and I found it quite helpful to test some of the
concurrent areas where you need to stop processing somewhere in the
middle of the code and testing that area without this kind of
injection point framework is really difficult or may not be even
possible.  We wanted to test the case of clog group update where we
can get multiple processes added to a single group and get the xid
status updated by the group leader, you can refer to my test in that
thread[1] (the last patch test_group_commit.patch is using this
framework for testing).  Overall I feel this framework is quite useful
and easy to use as well.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFiTN-udSTGG_t5n9Z3eBbb4_%3DzNoKU%2B8FP-S6zpv-r4Gm-Y%2BQ%40mail.gmail.com

--
Regards,