Re: RFC: a new try for an official community approved certification

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: RFC: a new try for an official community approved certification
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

Le ven. 2 juin 2023 à 15:13, Katherine Mcmillan <kmcmi046@uottawa.ca> a écrit :
Hello all,

Not sure about this idea, but possibly a better one than having a single company (ex. Red Hat and EDB come to mind) run the show for certifications/competency rating.  I like it from this respect.

There are other companies doing PostgreSQL certification. SRA in Japan, and Dalibo in France (disclaimer: I work for Dalibo) offer certification exams for their customers.

I will love the idea if you are able to, somehow, offer the training/testing in languages other than English.  PostgreSQL is an international open source project and English-only training/testing is not very appropriate.  This gives a huge advantage to the community's native English speakers (the goal here is to produce something 'unbiased' I thought).

Perhaps develop it in English, with input from those from non-English speaking countries on your working group, and then have it translated into multiple languages (also: be careful how you prioritize these, but if you have, say, a member from India on your working group, perhaps Hindi becomes one of the first).

Multiple languages would be a must, I totally agree. Dalibo did its own certification because the community didn't seem to be able to work on a unified one, despite many tries. I'd love to see a unified Postgres certification, and we (Dalibo) would gladly work on this project, but I also am kinda skeptical of the outcome.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.

Сообщение: Re: RFC: a new try for an official community approved certification
Сообщение: Re: RFC: a new try for an official community approved certification