Re: BUG #18419: Auto Vacuum In PostgreSQL 10.21

От David Rowley
Тема Re: BUG #18419: Auto Vacuum In PostgreSQL 10.21
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 at 11:08, PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Bug reference:      18419
> Logged by:          Akshay Raut
> Email address:      raut.akshay89@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> Operating system:   Windows 10
>
> We are using PostgreSQL 10.21 in which we are deleting a few records
> periodically but we observed that the auto vacuum is not getting executed on
> all the tables.

> Is this a known issue with PostgreSQL and is there any solution to resolve
> this?

If you were doing something like calling pg_stat_reset() then the
counters might be getting reset before they're high enough for
autovacuum to care.

Otherwise, perhaps autovacuum is running flat out due to badly tuned
autovacuum settings.

version 10 is out of support, so if there was some bug in that
version, we wouldn't fix it anyway.  v12 is the oldest supported
version, currently. https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

David