Re: set_cheapest without checking pathlist

От David Rowley
Тема Re: set_cheapest without checking pathlist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 at 19:36, Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> maybe we can add an Assert or a comment clarifying that the pathlist of
> partially_grouped_rel cannot be empty here.

There'd be no need to Assert that as set_cheapest() will raise an
error when given a rel with an empty pathlist.

I don't think putting an Assert that would fail in the same situation
that we'd later ERROR out on would be a good idea. It'd make it harder
to debug the issue.

David