От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 6:37 PM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> 10. synchronize_one_slot
>
> IIUC, this function can synchronize slots even if the used plugin on primary is
> not installed on the secondary server. If the slot is created by the slotsync
> worker, users will recognize it after the server is promoted and the decode is
> starting. I felt it is not good specification. Can we detect in the validation
> phase?

I think we should be able to detect it if we want but do we want to
add this restriction considering that users can always install the
required plugins after standby gets promoted? I think we can do either
way in this case but as we are not going to use these slots till the
standby node is promoted, it seems okay to validate the plugins after
promotion once users use the synced slots.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.