Re: A new message seems missing a punctuation

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: A new message seems missing a punctuation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 4:50 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 4:42 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > So why do we log a message about this?
> >
> > This was added after the main commit of this functionality to find
> > some BF failures (where we were expecting the slot to sync but due to
> > one of these conditions not being met the slot was not synced) and we
> > can probably change it to DEBUG1 as well. I think we would need this
> > information w.r.t this functionality to gather more information in
> > case expected slots are not being synced and it may be helpful for
> > users to also know why the slots are not synced, if that happens.
>
> Ah, OK. Do you think we need any kind of system view to provide more
> insight here or is a log message sufficient?

We do expose the required information (restart_lsn, catalog_xmin,
synced, temporary, etc) via pg_replication_slots. So, I feel the LOG
message here is sufficient to DEBUG (or know the details) when the
slot sync doesn't succeed.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.